All employees of our corporation work with the awareness of their HSE responsibilities and have the obligation of participating in the practices while continuously improving the safety of the workplaces and environment with the aim of actualizing the objectives.
Shipyarddoor Company , the following statements that define our HSE policy are our commitments.
- We will perform our work in accordance to the regulatory requirements, other regulations and customers' conditions on environment, occupational health and safety.
- We will prevent or reduce the risks at the source by taking measures regarding the source and the environment; and if that is not possible, we will perform the required activities to prevent environmental and occupational accidents through general or individual protection methods.
- We will bring under control important environmental aspects and risks by constantly reviewing the HSE management system.
- We will ensure the reduction of waste at the source, its reuse and recycle as much as possible, and the disposal of unused waste through appropriate methods.
- We will provide the necessary training and activities in order to raise awareness so that all our employees to adopt HSE awareness and participate.
Occupational health and safety training for employees in the workplace are carried out in accordance with the provisions of the "Regulation on the Procedures and Principles of Occupational Health and Safety Training of Employees" within the scope of the "Law No. 6331 on Occupational Health and Safety" in Turkey.
The basic occupational health and safety training of İKS Yapı company, authorized by the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, are organized by Başaran OSGB for at least sixteen hours a year, including the below-mentioned topics for each employee, paying attention to the selection of the subjects that those who will attend the training need.
- Information on labour legislation
- Legal rights and responsibilities of employees
- Workplace cleanliness and order
- Legal consequences arising from a work accidents and occupational
- Causes of occupational diseases
- Application of disease prevention principles and prevention techniques
- Biological and psychosocial risk factors
- Harms of tobacco products and passive exposure
- Chemical, physical and ergonomic risk factors
- Manual lifting and handling
- Protection from flash, explosion, fire and fire
- Safe use of work equipment
- Working with display tools
- Electricity, its hazards, risks and precautions
- The causes of work accidents and the application of protection principles and techniques
- Safety and health signs
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Occupational health and safety general rules and safety culture
Other subjects (Working at height specific to the job of the employee, working in a closed environment, working in environments with radiation risk, working with welding, working with equipment bearing special risks, possible health risks caused by carcinogenic substances, etc.)
Instruction for Installations Works
- The personnel who will work in assembly works must be suitable for the job in the periodic health checks made by the workplace doctor.
- Personnel without working at height training will not be employed in assembly works.
- Employees who feel too uncomfortable and sluggish to work should notify the authorities and avoid going up to high places.
- Work will be carried out in accordance with the written and verbal instructions of the occupational safety specialist in the area to be installed.
- All assembly works will be carried out under the supervision and control of the responsible persons.
- The traffic rules will be obeyed and the procedures of “Using Company Vehicle” will be obeyed while going to and from the assembly site.
- Installation personnel will comply with the "Occupational Health and Safety" measures, rules and procedures in their work areas.
- If the necessary occupational health and safety measures cannot be taken in the assembly areas for any reason, the work will not be carried out and the authorities will be informed.
- The assembly personnel will wear the work clothes given to them during the works, avoid loose clothes and using accessories such as watches, rings, necklaces.
- According to the type of work to be done, the assembly personnel are obliged to use the Personal Protective Equipment (parachute-type safety belt, fall arrest systems, chin fastening helmet, work shoes, protective glasses, gloves and mask).
- Before starting the work, the suitability of the tools, equipment and personal protective equipment (lifting vehicles, scaffolding, ladders, lifelines and anchorage points) to be used will be checked.
- It will be ensured that assembly and similar works that do not have to be done at height are carried out on the ground as much as possible.
- Environmental safety will be taken in the working area of the assembly personnel.
- Work done at height will be carried out in accordance with the “Working at Height Rules” depending on the horizontal or vertical lifelines.
- The work to be done with the stairs will only be done for a short time, under the supervision of a person and in accordance with the "Ladder Usage Instructions".
- In case of using lifting tools such as manlifts, the use of work equipment will be done by qualified personnel.
- During the works carried out on the mobile scaffolding, the scaffolding will be completely installed (balance feet, cross braces, guardrails, heels, etc.), the scaffolding's feet will be locked and the scaffold will not be moved while there are people on the scaffolding.
- In cases where work equipment such as cranes or platforms must be used, work will not be carried out unless it is approved whether the work equipment is suitable for work.
- The electrical or hand tools used will be visually inspected before each work and the unsuitable ones will not be used.
- The cables of the power tools used should be checked before working, they should not work with frayed, stripped or damaged cables. Cables of power tools should be organized in such a way that they do not create a risk of falling and tripping.
- Masks and goggles will be used in the work to be done with chemical products.
- Personnel will take all tools and equipment with them before assembly and put them in material belts to prevent them from falling. No material will be thrown from bottom to top or top to bottom during operation.
- Warning /warning signs in the assembly area must be strictly observed.
- Avoid mounting in windy and rainy weather, especially in high places.
- Workers must abide by the above rules. These rules do not meet the workers work contracts will beterminated.
- Below identity written our staff in our office above mentioned conditions certainly, in respect ofcompliance by to work on this instruction and report content, the parties free will and desire on thethrone issued and signature were. I am signing this instruction report by fully reading and understandingit and declaring that I will strictly abide by the Occupational Safety rules and instructions.